Saturday, June 1, 2013

Double-post for lazy days

Monday, May 28

Today was full of papers and class.

I woke up, and went to class.
After class I wrote a paper and willed my computer not to die.
After paper-writing, Audrey, Annika and I spent too much money on souvenirs.
After souvenirs, Annika, Audrey, Abigail, Jessie, and I went to dinner at Della Lucia.
I ate pasta with something, and I have no idea what it was.
After dinner, we went home.
I worked on my paper about Bruckner all night and went to bed.

Nothing more to report.  No pictures 'neither.


Tuesday, May 29

Today, as usual, we woke up, caught the bus, and got to the institute early.




Before class, Abigial and another girl from our music class, Laurel, visited the Imperial Library. Incidentally, this library provided the inspiration for the library in Beauty and the Beast!











The library was pretty cool - they had an exhibit that discussed news that changed Austria.  I got to see things like Beethoven's death mask, an ancient papyrus scroll, and an original copy of a book by Freud.  Very cool.








After the library we had lunch, I blogged, and we headed to class. 

In class, we had a presentation, then a special treat - Dr. Reisinger had an open rehearsal during our class time with a grad student.  They will be performing at mass on Friday for the holiday.  The grad student was a baritone from Greece, who's voice was absolutely wonderful. We enjoyed him very much, and he did a lovely job.  We also got to hear Abigail sing for us, which was doubly awesome :)

After class, Abigial and I went to a local dessert cafe called Aida for some pick-me-up sweets (and tea).  Man, we love tea.  





During the afternoon, Abigail, Jessica, Audrey and I visited the Belvedere castle.












The grounds were really beautiful, as well as the castle.  It was a lot of fun to sit in the sun, take pictures, and people-watch.









The Belvedere is also the place where Anton Bruckner (the composer) spent his last four years, at the invitation of the Emperor.  He had a nice apartment, where he worked on his final symphony.

Abigail and I found it and took some more pictures. 

 






The four of us found a place for dinner in District 3, near Abigail and Jessie's house.  We had more introspective conversation, followed up with gelato.

Audrey and I caught the bus home, and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment