Monday, May 20, 2013

Churches and Congestion

Tuesday May 14 (Day 8)

This morning the four girls took the bus/train/U5 to the Institute early in the morning again. I don't have class until 1:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I met Dad outside, and we walked back to the hotel to meet Mom and Karen. He told me that they got up and walked around Vienna at 2am because none of them were sleeping and got hot dogs. Weirdos.

The four of us did an impromptu walking tour of the city. I showed them St. Augustime's, which we explored and photographed. Next we went to the church where the Vienna Choir Boys sing. After that, we walked to St. Stephen's, taking pictures all through the street, getting lost, and acting generally silly, as we do.







Karen and I were both feeling pretty crappy today, so we had to try hard not to be too cranky.

At 11, the music class met up with Doc to go register to live in Vienna. The walk was fun; Doc showed and explained to us some cool things along the way.

On the way back, a small group of us attempted to find lunch before class. Abigail and I ended up stopping at a small stand, where I got pizza and she got a wrap.

At 1pm we had class, where another girl in class presented on Mozart. Riesinger, being his charming self, corrected her all the way through it.

After class, I met up with the family again and we looked for a place to have an early dinner. After finding a place recommended to us, deciding it was too expensive, and getting lost on our way back to the Staatsoper, we decided to eat at the Mozart cafe, which was delicious.


I headed home after dinner, since my head was so foggy I could barely walk. The transportation was easy though, and I made it home without winding up in the Czech Republic.

Lilo made me special tea to help me feel better.

Boo head colds! Go away soon!

Hope everyone at home is well. Looking forward to exploring the city more this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment